Tuesday, June 10, 2008

My Unsmoothness

So I was at the bank the other day depositing some money. Normally, trips to the bank are uneventful and even boring. Besides putting money into my account, it is really an unexciting experience. Well, unless you are me and love to embarrass yourself. I decided to go to the drive-thru vacuum suction machines of awesomeness to deposit said money. After sending my check through the tube, my conversation went like this with the teller.....

Teller: Which account will you be depositing your check sir?
Me: Chicken
Teller: Excuse me sir?
Me: Did I just ask you to deposit my check into my chicken account?
Teller: Yes you did.
Me: Well, I meant my checking account.
Teller: (as if I wanted to continue this conversation) I've heard a lot of funny things over the mic but I haven't heard that one before!

I then exited as quickly as I could. I guess I have a knack for being able to be at the butt end of a joke. Fortunately, I am accustomed to such experiences.

5 comments:

Karen said...

Tod, I don't know you, but Jenny said I should read your blog and Ashley said she's thirsty for some, so I figured I'd drop by and give it a looky loo. I have to tell you, I laughed out loud. Sitting alone in my room. AND, I have sore abs, so it hurt. But, it was worth it. I hope to read about more unsmoothness soon. Good stuff.

IzeOfLight said...

I am laughing out loud at this one! Fantastic job, Tod!

jenny said...

I want a chicken account! Every time you buy a chicken, 10% is deposited into your chicken account. Oh that could be interesting.

Kristin said...

Um, I named your freaking blog. The least you can do is link me. Jeez, Tod.

More Bacon said...

People say the WEIRDEST stuff through the drive up at a bank.

However, I've never heard anyone confess to it like you did!