Wednesday, June 18, 2008

McDonald's bags can be entertaining

Today I was craving Mcdonald's chicken McNuggets so I decided to indulge. After finishing my tasty meal, to my utter suprise, I read two things funny on my Mcdonald's bag. On one side of the bag, there is a silouhette of a track star. To the right of the runner, one can find the words...

the focus on the track.
the belief in my heart.
the support of my mom.
THAT'S WHAT I'M MADE OF

I am glad that Mcdonald's is pushing strong families (where is the dad?) and helping children follow the example of the stripling warriors. But that side of the bag randomly made me laugh because of the shock of seeing that statement on a mcdonald's bag. Maybe I am just not with it, but I got a chuckle out of it. Now to the other side.........

100% beef.
0% anything else

Are you kidding me Mcdonald's? Do you really want me to believe that your greasy hamburger patties only made of beef? I would think that they would have some of the same ingredients that the racoons found in the hot dogs they ate while rumaging through the trash in the movie "The Great Outdoors." Who really knows but I don't believe what you are telling me Ronald.

1 comment:

jenny said...

Excellent movie reference. Back in the Millrace days, Bridget and Ashley used to get McDonalds chicken nuggets every monday.... They called them "McChiggles" ... Which is why I can't go within ten feet of one.