Today is one of the "end of semester days" when things seem so piled up that the energy I need to continue seems to go by the wayside. There seems to be so much to do that it is hard to breathe and I want to just not turn anything in and call it good. Since that is not really an option, I trudge forward trying to create words that the professors will like to read.
In the midst of this stress, I decided to look over the New York Times. While browsing the only sections that I read from that periodical (the health and the science sections), I came across a story about a couple (the bonds) who were individually diagnosed with cancer a month apart. To add to this situation, they have a 1 year old girl. The article gave a link to their blog
If you can hold your emotions, you may want to check if you have a soul. Reading this blog touched me. Maybe that occurred because I am about to get married and so hearing stories like this make me especially sensitive to being emotional. However, hearing somebody go through something so awful, far reaching, emotional, draining, and many other strong emotions can make any human want to reach out to them. Certainly cancer stories are not uncommon. However reading about a couple going through cancer at the same time is something that can jerk some tears from any person; even when that person is absorbed in the stress of something so minimal as end of semester work.
3 comments:
can you post a link to their blog? i'd love to read their story
For some reason the link didn't show up. The blog address is http://familybondingtime.blogspot.com/ and their website is http://friendsofnathanandelisa.blogspot.com/
I saw them on the Today Show one morning. So sad! Good luck on finals.
Post a Comment