Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Barack Obama

Key Senate Achievement:
Being elected to Senate after Iraq War already started

Favorite Way To Mollify Supporters:
Nodding solemnly while gripping podium

Political Experience:
(2005–) Junior Senator from Illinois. Working directly under Senior Senator Richard Durbin himself, duties included fact-checking and copyediting the 2006 highway appropriations amendment bill. Member, Illinois State Senate (1997-2004)

Odds Of Pop-Locking During Inauguration:
1 in 12

Personal Best For Getting Digits:
32 seconds

Difficulty Catching A Cab:
Moderate

Issues:
Pro-hopes, also supports dreams

People Who Have Influenced Him Most:
Handsome devil who greets him in the mirror every morning

I do hope that President-elect Obama does well. However there are a few facts about him mentioned above that make me a little worried. His miniscule experience does not scare me so much as his possible lack of foresight in choosing his cabinet since the cabinet makes most of the decisions anyways. I hope he does well and I am inspired by our country's ability to overcome racism to this degree. However, I do have worries and I hope such worries are not materialized.

3 comments:

Lisa and Mark said...

amen.

bradget said...

This is exactly what Brad and I have been talking about lately. And this is the blog post I couldn't figure out how to write. Thank you.

bradget said...

Interesting you site Obama's victory as evidence that our country has overcome racism. I know a professional black dentists who told me that they voted for him simply because he was black. Unfortunately racism is alive and well.
-Brad