Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Prefontaine


I don't think I have ever mentioned anything on my blog about one of my heroes, Steve Prefontaine. He is legendary. His quotes are legendary. He is the first major athlete to don Nike apparel (at least among the first). He was the greatest American distance runner ever despite having one leg shorter than the other. He wore a moustache. He said, "Giving anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift." He understood that all of our talents are gifts that should not be sacrificed by giving less than our best effort. Tom Cruise made a movie about him called Without Limits. (this one is not nearly as good as the one called Prefontaine)

I urge everybody to watch the movie Prefontaine because you too can learn about somebody that can change your life.

3 comments:

jenny said...

We need to have Prefontaine movie night in the fort.

ashley said...

Stop Pre!!

Don't do it Jenny...

Michelle said...

Don't forget to mention his great porn-stache